Today's podcast was recorded at the same time as #3 (Wii Three Bobo Dolls), and is much more rambling than usual (though we actually did have a list of topics, many of which were related to other bloggers' recent posts).
I edited out Dinah's recording of the Red Sox' 2004 victory, but I'll put it in the next one if folks want to hear it (it's on her keychain).
December 31, 2006: Gifts
- Informed consent and emergencies: New Jersey Supreme Court may require consent before providing emergency procedures (American Medical News)
- Doctor Anonymous' 6-month anniversary: Dr A celebrated 6 months of blogging on Dec 18. (That's twice as long as the average blog lasts.) Congrats!
- Fat Doctor on gift-giving grief (or, Why she kinda hates Christmas)
- What to get your psychiatrist
- Bad gifts
- Giftcards: Starbucks vs Dunkin' Donuts, iTunes vs eMusic (thx, ABF)
- NPR: on the Dec 11 Talk of the Nation, economist Kevin Hassett talks about the psychology of gifts
- Shout out to Foofoo5, who's been under the weather
- Health Care Renewal's Poses about Johns Hopkins' handling of student's uncivil Facebook party invitation
- Finding pictures of sex offenders in your neighborhood
- Tiihonen study on antidepressants and suicide (again) Happy New Year! from Dinah, Clinkshrink, and Roy
Find show notes with links at http://psychiatrist-blog.blogspot.com/2007/1/my-three-shrinks-podcast-4-gifts.html.
This podcast is available on iTunes. You can also listen to or download the .mp3 or the MPEG-4 file from mythreeshrinks.com.
technorati tags:informed, consent, psychiatry, psychiatric, psychiatrist, podcast, blog, antidepressants, suicide, depression, FDA, sexual, offender, gifts, Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, giftcards, blogs, psychology, Hopkins
Blogged with Flock