But that is not being much discussed in Washington.
One of these friends is Gilles Frydman, who also founded ACOR. Click on his post on Open Streams and Fax Machines below.
-via Gilles Frydman on e-patients.net
[photo credit: bestrated1 via Flickr]
"Close to $2.5 trillions have been spent on health care since President Obama announced his decision to reform the health care system. A year later, as expected, all the talk in Washington remains about:
- the end/restart/end-again of the public option
- the expected final/interim/temporary definition of “meaningful use”
- the amount of savings/taxes/additional expenses
- move from FFS (I really mean Fee-For-Service) to PFP and
- comparative effectiveness/death panels/healthcare rationing
Have you heard ANY politician talk about patient/individuals empowerment in relation to health care reform? I have not! Health care reform is still 100% about reimbursement reform and 0% about social innovation. No surprise when individuals so often experience dehumanizing events when they interact with the medical system." [more]
Often in current medical practice medical records seem to be kept secret from the patient, particularly in mental health, so I agree. Love the flower photo, too.
Wow! It's beautiful flower. It means peaces. Bootda like this flower.
Post a Comment